www.film4productions.com aims to provide the most accessible experience possible for visitors. The following accessibility features have been implemented:
- The colour contrast of text conforms to at least WCAG AA standard.
- There are text alternatives for all non-text content - except for video content, and third party content – see limitations below.
- Keyboard navigation has been carefully considered and tested - see keyboard controls.
- Section headings are used to organise the content.
- Moving / autoplaying content has been avoided
- To help you enjoy this content in a variety of platforms it has been designed to be mobile friendly, and resize for a variety of screen sizes
The application has been designed to be easily navigated with a keyboard using the standard keys for your browser. For most browsers the following keys work:
- 'Tab' key to focus on the next link
- 'Shift' + 'Tab' to focus on the previous link
- 'Enter' to activate the currently selected link
Screen Reader Navigation
There are links on the page which are not descriptive out of context, such as ‘read more’. However these links do make sense when read in context.
- 'H' to cycle forwards through the headings
- 'Shift' + 'H' to cycle backwards through the headings
- '1' to navigate to the next level 1 heading (or a number between 1 and 6 to navigate to the next heading on this level)
- 'Shift' + '1' to navigate to the previous level 1 heading (or a number between 1 and 6 to navigate to the previous heading on this level)
- 'Insert' + 'F6' in JAWS or NVDA + 'F7' in NVDA to provide a list of all headings
- Press the 'Tab' key to proceed through the links or 'Shift' + 'Tab' to cycle backwards through the links.
- 'Insert' + 'F7' to provide a list of all links
For JAWS 16 and above landmark keyboard navigation in virtual mode is:
- next landmark ';' (semi-colon)
- previous landmark 'Shift' + ';' (semi-colon)
- list landmarks 'Ctrl' + 'Ins' + ';' (semi-colon)
For NVDA 2017.1 the landmark keyboard combination in virtual buffer mode is:
- next landmark 'D'
- previous landmark 'Shift' + 'D'
- list landmarks (and list/headings) NVDA + 'F7'
VoiceOver users can navigate a page via landmarks by choosing 'landmarks' in the 'web rotor', then finger flicking up or down will move to the next or previous landmark.
The site is designed to work seamlessly across screen sizes. This makes it possible to use your browser's "zoom" feature to make content larger and easier to read without causing a horizontal scroll bar to appear.
Changing the colour and font of the display
This site does not currently offer alternate colour schemes, however, you can use the controls in your browser to change the size of the text or the colour of the display.
For example, to override website font and colour settings in Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Internet Explorer.
- Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
- Click the General tab, and then click Accessibility.
Select the Ignore colours specified on web pages, Ignore font styles specified on web pages, and Ignore font sizes specified on web pages check boxes, and then click OK twice.
Due to certain constraints, we have had to include technologies and features that can cause accessibility issues for some users.
- Video player - whilst this has some accessibility features, it is not fully accessible.
- Video content - it has not been possible to provide closed captions on the video content shown on the site.
- Parental Controls Modal – There are known issues with using this modal using iOS and VoiceOver. In order to get an accessible experience, users should navigate to the parental controls page.
- Some areas of the Parental Controls page are not accessible via keyboard only or using Voice Activation software (‘i’ icons). Film4 are aware of this issue and are working towards a resolution.
www.film4productions.com does not assume responsibility for third party applications.